Great worldwide spots for gay-friendly vacations
– Orlando’s Parliament House Resort is a destination in and of itself for gay travelers. The property features half a dozen bars and clubs, pools, and expansive grounds. Guests can stay at the onsite resort – though keep in mind that the property parties go on until the wee hours.
– Hawaii’s Aqua Hotels & Resorts focus on maintaining a particularly gay-friendly atmosphere. The boutique chain offers an oasis in paradise, as well as welcoming hospitality for the gay community.
– Palm Springs is one of the world’s most well-known destinations for gay travel, and boasts a huge number of gay welcoming and men’s only resorts. Options range from boutique motels to luxurious resorts and even clothing optional properties
– In San Juan, Puerto Rico, the Condado area is home to an exciting gay nightlife scene. Two resorts in the area, Atlantic Beach Hotel and San Juan Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino are particularly gay-friendly options for accommodations. The Atlantic Beach Hotel has the added benefit of housing an active gay bar that’s an attraction in and of itself.
– Cancun is perhaps the only destination (at least so far) to combine the all-inclusive concept with men’s only accommodations. Try the Adonis Tulum Riviera Maya Gay Resort & Spa for a gay-specific all-inclusive experience, plus a location near the Tulum Archaeological site.
– In Bangkok, The Babylon Bangkok represents one of the world’s top gay resorts. The property’s rooms are tastefully decorated and most come with breakfast as well as daily spa passes to the sauna and health club.
– Amsterdam is often considered Europe’s gay capital, and Hotel the Golden Bear is a great place from which to experience it. The oldest gay property in the city, the hotel offers mostly shared bathrooms and showers, but impeccable cleanliness, comfortable beds and breakfast to start the day – all in a central location for easy access to the city’s attractions.
– The luxurious Inn at Laurel Point Hotel in Victoria, British Columbia, offers beautiful views, gardens, and banquet spaces, making it a popular spot for gay weddings. The Inn has experience hosting gay nuptials, and is well-known for hosting immaculate events.