Los Angeles for Families
The top spots to hit on a family vacation to L.A.
Pink’s Hot Dogs in Los Angeles is a city landmark that dates back to 1939 and serves traditional and inventive takes on this American classic.
From beaches to theme parks to Hollywood, Los Angeles has something to suite the tastes of every traveler – making it an ideal destination for a family vacation. These must-see city highlights will help you plan an itinerary that is sure to please every family member.
What To Do:
- The TLC Chinese Theatre is the best place to get immersed in Hollywood history. Plus, every traveler has to put their hands in the cemented prints of Hollywood’s royalty – it just wouldn’t be right to miss it.
- A day at Universal Studios keeps the movie magic rolling, from thrilling rides to a backlot tour that provides an inside look at some of film and television’s most iconic sets and impressive special effects.
- The Santa Monica Pier is the perfect place to enjoy L.A.’s enviable weather, with the added bonus of rides, games and a small aquarium. Take a short walk to the Third Street Promenade for shopping and dining.
- Visit the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles for a fun and educational experience that is particularly well-suited to families.
- Once darkness falls, head to Griffith Observatory, located on Mount Hollywood in Griffith Park, for spectacular views of the L.A. skyline, free stargazing and shows at the Samuel Oschin Planetarium.
Where to Eat:
- A Los Angeles landmark, Pink’s Hot Dogs is sure to delight parents and kids alike.
- The extensive Farmers’ Market on Fairfax Avenue is not only a fabulous shopping opportunity, but also a great place to eat – a food court area offers unique tastes of the world’s cuisines.
- Hard Rock Café Hollywood at Universal Citywalk has an iconic rock ‘n’ roll vibe and an expansive menu of classic American fare, perfectly suited to families with a range of tastes – especially after an appetite-inspiring day of wandering around Hollywood.