Visitor numbers are up and the city is receiving recognition for its efforts to rebound
So if you were thinking that New Orleans isn’t ready to host your vacation, think again. If you need more convincing, check out these awards that the city has recently garnered:
– TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Travelers’ Choice U.S. Destinations
– A Top Summer Destination in the 2013 Gogobot Travelers’ Favorite Awards
– A silver nod in Favorite Big City Destination and gold for Favorite Culinary Destination from the National Tour Association
– One of ABC Travel Guide for Kids’ Top Seven U.S. Family Destinations for 2013
– Fodor’s editors’ Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
And the city shows no sign of slowing down. Upcoming plans include a new airport terminal, expansion of its Convention Center and a Tricentennial Plan for the city’s anniversary in 2018. No doubt about it – New Orleans is pumped up and ready for visitors.