Spending a lot of time at the airport can be draining. Most of the bigger airports are jam-packed with people and it can make for a chaotic experience. In addition, TSA security lines can be long and it can feel like you won’t ever make it through security in time for your flight. The good news is there are ways to better prepare before you arrive at the airport so that you don’t have an unexpected delay. With the MyTSA App, you can check airport security wait times.
When using the MyTSA app, there’s no need to wait in a long security line. If you’re not yet using this app, you may want to download it now. This app is an excellent resource that can help you save on time and stress and it can make air travel a little easier.
Within the app, you can do the following:
- Check current estimated security wait times (provided by travelers just like you)
- Leave wait time feedback to help other travelers
- Get an estimate for wait times on a specific future time/day based on historical data
- Check airport and flight weather delay information
- Prepare for your trip to the airport by checking which items can be brought through security
- Learn which airports have a TSA Pre-Check line
Why spend more time waiting in line if you can avoid it? With this tool, you can better plan your trips to the airport and get through security faster. MyTSA is free and easy to use and it’s available for download on both iOS and Android devices.
If you really want to make the process of getting through the security line even easier, there’s also the option to apply for and purchase TSA Pre-Check. This membership costs $85 and lasts for 5 years. Once you’re approved, you can go in the designated TSA Pre-Check line at qualifying airports. With this service, most travelers only wait for about 5 minutes! It’s convenient and well worth the investment.